Friday, October 18, 2019

My Tibetan Mastiff Dream




David Nealis with  Tibetan Mastiff puppy

The Tibetan Mastiff (Tibetan: འདོགས་ཁྱི; Chinese: 藏獒PinyinZàng áo) is a large Tibetan dog breed.



This still primitive dog breed was developed centuries ago in Tibet.

Originating with the nomadic cultures of TibetChinaMongoliaIndia and Nepal, it is used by local tribes of Tibetans to protect sheep from wolvesleopardsbears, and tigers.

The Tibetan Mastiff dog is known for its loyalty and has been used as a nomad dog for thousands of years.

I having a running deal with a good Chinese friend of mine who raises Tibetan Mastiffs on the grounds of his auto parts factory is just outside of Shenyang, Liaoning China. He lets one roam at night to protect the factory, if he lets two roam they will fight each other, the deal is I get to choose a puppy but my modern nomadic lifestyle has prevented me from taking him up on his generous offer but one day I will.


Tibetan Mastiff Stud
This Tibetan Mastiff really doesn't like me


























No comments: