Monday, November 15, 2010

Riding the Storm Out by John Bougearel


Riding the Storm Out by John Bougearel
This book is a historical narrative of our current economic disaster caused by the credit and subprime/foreclosure crisis that led to the collapse of the financial system. The story begins with the epic crash on Wall Street, its impact on Main Street and the real economy. I can personally relate to the book as my home’s value continues to decline and my taxes in the US continue to climb; I find myself nodding my head in agreement with the author.

Riding the Storm Out is a good read, written in a very easy to read format and
John Bougearel sets the tone for the book in the very beginning when he states “writing history so close to real time is like painting on canvas it can go on forever and still be a work in progress”, with that said John Bougearel does an excellent job of outlining the issues that got us here and comparing it to the issues that got us into the Great Depression.
I believe it took courage to write this book before the dust has actually settled and we can use modern history to look back at the crisis, but the author seems right on track so far.

I would suggest this book to anyone who wants to know “ How did we get here” and where we might go from here.

No comments: