Saturday, December 17, 2011

Lippo Centre Fung Shui

Lippo Centre
This morning in the South China Morning Post there was a very interesting article titled “Iconic HK buildings show money-making is cyclical” , I should point out that this is printed in the section labeled “fung shui” . What drew me most to the article is the image of my office building (The Lippo Centre) and a dollar sign with the words next to it saying “Byebye”, it was slightly alarming.

The section about the Lippo Centre of the article by Jin Peh the Fung Shui Master for the SCMP said:
“the main fung shui issue for the Lippo Centre is the running waterfall, whereby water seeps out along the staircase of the building- thereby, making it difficult for occupants to keep hold of their profits.
Be this as it may, this suits foreign companies that make money in Hong Kong –before sending their profits home.” 

I have admired this building since the very first time I came to Hong Kong back in 1991, back then it was called the Bond Center. People sometimes refer to this building as the “Koala Tree”, but I do not see 2 koalas climbing up a tree, I see 2 super charged cam shafts propelling a well made machine forward, it reminded me of childhood toys come to life, Micronauts or Transformers on display in the Hong Kong skyline.

I hope Jin Peh’s next article gives some fung shui tips on how to counter the effects of the Lippo Centre’s negative out flows, in the meantime the next time I see the water fountain turned off for repair I won’t complain as much. I wonder on Monday how full the suggestion box will be with suggestions to turn the waterfall into a rock garden.

On a bigger picture, this article is making me think;  is a good time to refocus on the USA market, has the USA hit the bottom, are we ready to start rebuilding America yet? And if so am I ready to return to the states? Until I know those answers I am going to just try to avoid falling into the water fall at the Lippo Centre.


No comments: